Suspect arrested in Ottawa after Montreal concertgoers report needle pricks, dizziness

Date:

Montreal police say a 33-year-old man was arrested last month after reports that people at an electronic music festival were allegedly pricked with needles.

Police spokesperson Véronique Dubuc says the suspect was arrested in Ottawa on Aug. 15 and released on a promise to appear in court in April 2026.

She says the charges could include armed assault and administering a noxious substance.

Police reported last month that six people reported feeling a “sharp prick” in the back of their body while they were in the crowd at the îLESONIQ festival at Montreal’s Parc Jean-Drapeau.

They said some of the victims then reported feeling dizzy.

Police said they were working closely with the security teams and the promoters of the music festival, which took place Aug. 9 and 10.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Baycats open 2026 season with victory over Puig-led Toronto Maple Leafs

A new era of Barrie Baycats baseball has finally...

City unveils sign at future performing arts and convention centre site

Call it a sign of a major transformation in...

New Barrie Sea Cadets waterfront facility breaks ground

A long-awaited new waterfront home for Barrie’s Sea Cadets...

City announces three new neighbourhood parks, improvements to two others

Three new neighbourhood parks have been unveiled. Mayor Alex Nuttall...