O-Train south extension launches ‘as planned’, reports moderate passenger volume

Date:

The O-Train lines 2 and 4 launched this morning, welcoming passengers for the morning commute for the first time in about five years. 

The south extension, previously known as the Trillium Line, is opening for public use as part of a phased opening approach and provided rail service from Bayview to Limebank stations, and South Keys to Airport Stations on Monday.

A memo from Renée Amilcar, general manager of Transit Services at the City of Ottawa, said train service launched “as planned” and “is progressing well”, completing multiple end-to-end trips with customers onboard during the morning commute.

The memo said the trains saw moderate passenger volume in the morning and that OC Transpo staff continue to be at the stations in person to assist passengers.

As customers adjust to the O-Train, they can continue to use parallel bus service through existing bus routes. 

OC Transpo will continue to provide updates via email, as well as on social media and online. 

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Colts look to put IceDogs in a stranglehold

The Barrie Colts' OHL playoff run had a perfect...

Barrie faces long road to recovery after devastating ice storm

When Mayor Alex Nuttall woke up on Sunday morning,...

This Week in Barrie: Week of March 31st

Ice storm impacts & cleanup operations The impact of this...

Change is what Shipley is hearing from voters

Doug Shipley, the federal Conservative candidate for Barrie–Springwater–Oro-Medonte, said...